Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm crushing...

I'm crushing hard, y'all.

I'm the first to admit, I hugged the newly painted accent wall more times than I can count. It's totally not for everyone, but to me, it's awesome.

Here's a before shot:


In progress:
And after:


*crush*
Now, it's a little darker in person than it is on camera... though it does drastically change color depending on the lighting in the room. But seriously, I love it. It's cheerful and Awesome!

The next step of the process was to get rid of those "curtains" that were hanging in the living room. Oh, and the wooden rod from which they were hanging. Icks.  After much debate, I decided that custom curtains was the way to go. I ended up falling in love with this fabric, and totally scored it at 50% off.


At nearly $20 a yard, the sale really came in handy since I needed about 6 yards. Luckily, I have a friend who sews and even has a cute little portable sewing machine. I scooped her up, treated her to a pedicure for her troubles and brought her to my house for some sewing! 


Just an hour or so later... These beauties were hanging in my living room.


*CRUSH*
I only wish the pictures did it justice. But having a giant window, doesn't make it easy to take photos. 

I still need coordinating throw pillows. I have a couple of fabrics picked out thus far... 

I'm hoping someone can be bribed with a tasty dinner and a bottle of wine (to be had AFTER sewing pillows)



3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so "you!" :-) All that cheerful color will come in handy during your 8 months of winter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the accent wall! Gorgeous curtains! I haven't been on here in months, I've got some catching up to do :) Also, the new decor in the bathroom is gawjussss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jamie,

    Come back to me!

    Love,
    Your Blog

    ReplyDelete