Sunday, June 12, 2011

homemade sugar scrub

One of my favorite parts of getting a pedicure is when my legs get slathered with the fragrant lemon sugar scrub and the technician exfoliates away. "Heaven!" she always says, and I couldn't agree more.

Sadly, I don't have someone willing to exfoliate my skin for me at home. Summer is here and bare skin is essential, so exfoliation? a must! So, I'm sharing my awesometastic soothing Lavender Sugar Scrub.

Lavender Sugar Scrub
1 part sugar
2 parts oil 
vitamin E capsuls
Lavender essential oil

For my scrub, I use Sunflower oil. I just happen to have a huge bottle from my homemade facial cleanser (you can read about that here) Olive oil is totally acceptable as well. You could substitute Lavender oil for whatever fragrance you'd like... again, I just happen to 1. love lavender and 2. have it on hand. 

For my scrub, I gathered all my ingredients and a cute little jar I picked up recently at Ikea

I added a cup of sugar, and a smidge more than 1/2 cup of sunflower oil (personal preference, I like a bit more oil). 

 
Next, I punctured 4 vitamin E capsuls, and squished the liquid out into my scrub
please excuse my out of focus edamame thawing in the background :)

Next up, 5 or 6 drops of lavender essential oil

Give it a quick stir and VOILA! you have a wonder sugar scrub!

Does anyone else make their own scrubs? What's your favorite recipe? 


as an added bonus, a gratuitous photo of Cisco, who enjoys knocking over and arranging the throw pillows however he sees fit:

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I had intentions of making some of my own scrub, too. Sounds amazing...and easy. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! it seriously takes less than 5 minutes and it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete